C-Prize is a competition run by Callaghan Innovation that seeks to push the boundaries of what’s possible through technology.
This year’s C-Prize competition is challenging entrants to develop innovative tech-based solutions with the power to change environmental outcomes.
What’s in it?
C-Prize 2019 teams will compete for exciting cash prize packages, access to expert R&D and business advice, and significant international market exposure.
Key benefits include:
• Develop your big idea with extra support and reduced risk
• Access resources to support Research & Development to a proof of concept or early product prototype
• Connect with the innovation community nationally and internationally • Learn from industry experts to improve your chances of business success
• Establish and grow your profile as an environmental innovator
• Win a share of over $250k in prizes, including a first prize of $100k cash and services
The 2019 Game – Environmental Innovation Challenge
There are three entry categories for this year’s C-Prize:
• Growing and Producing: How we grow and/or manufacture new or existing products and services in innovative ways (new materials, new processes, new systems, etc.) that will accelerate positive environmental outcomes
• Using and Consuming: How we consume products in ways that preserve resources (reuse, recycle, reclaim, etc.) and reduce negative environmental impacts
• Rejuvenating Natural Systems: The creation or innovative use of technologies that will not just reduce negative environmental impacts, but improve our natural environment (land, climate, soil, water, and nutrient systems)
C-Prize 2019 team entries opened on Monday 23 September 2019 and will close on 8th December; the finalists will be announced on the 20th December.
What’s happening at the entrant information evenings @ Te Ōhaka?
The Callaghan team will fly from Auckland to Christchurch and host an evening information event at Te Ōhaka – Centre for Growth and Innovation on the 22 October 2019 5.30 – 7.30 PM.
At this information evening, you’ll hear from leading New Zealand environmental innovators, learn more about the challenge, hear how to complete a compelling entry and have the chance to network with other forward-thinking founders and entrepreneurs, scientists and engineers from New Zealand’s innovation ecosystem.
More info about C Prize
For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.