Ara Institute of Canterbury and Ministry of Awesome are looking for New Zealand’s next Coding All-Star.
The Coding Challenge, powered by SchoolBell.chat, is an awesome opportunity for Ara students to utilise their skills and work alongside an innovative, young EdTech startup.
Public profile, cash prizes and internship opportunities await. Put your coding capability and creativity on display and register for the Coding Challenge today!
What is the Coding Challenge @Te Ōhaka?
The Coding Challenge is a two-week long challenge that you can work around your studies. You’ll get to work on a real-world opportunity to develop a web-based system alongside industry veterans and experts.
If you’re selected, you will:
- Participate in 3 technical workshops, learning the most up-to-date coding platforms and tools that are not in use in an educational setting.
- Put your technical and innovative skills to work, creating new systems alongside an up-and-coming Edtech startup.
- Get the chance to raise your profile and connect with our city’s leading influencers, industry experts, and commercial leadership.When and Where?
- The challenge runs from 23 August to 4 September, with selected participants continuing onwards to compete for a cash prize as well as an internship with SchoolBell.chat following the final pitches.
- The programme workshops will run from the Te Ōhaka – Centre for Growth & Innovation which is in Building K on the Ara Christchurch Campus.
- Participants must attend workshops, but will be free to work on their coding solutions as it suits them throughout the two-week period.
- Final pitches will take place at the Canterbury Tech Summit on 12 September, THE event of the year for the NZ Tech industry. If you are selected for the finals, you will get free entrance and ample opportunity to network with future employers and learn from international speakers.
- Most valuable of all, selected finalists will pitch in front of those very industry veterans and influencers which is an incredible opportunity to profile your capability to the tech ecosystem.
If you think you have what it takes, learn more and apply here!